On-site registration option will open up Monday 9am CST for contributed authors
The Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers is a
yearly Conference held on the Asilomar Grounds in Pacific Grove,
CA, USA. The IEEE Signal Processing Society is a technical co-sponsor.
It provides a forum for presenting recent and novel work in various areas
of theoretical and applied signal processing.
General areas of interest to the forum include:
- Architecture and Implementation
- Array Signal Processing
- Biomedical Signal & Image Processing
- Communication Systems
- MIMO Communications & Signal Processing
- Signal Processing & Adaptive Systems
- Speech, Image & Video Processing
Recent meetings have presented a wide array of work
ranging from results in blind source separation,
random networks, MIMO communications, low dimensional
signal models to applications of signal processing in
control, wireless communications, financial engineering,
smart grids, biological systems, medical imaging, and big data.
Notifications of paper acceptance will be mailed by early August 2022.
As we are preparing for the Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers 2022, we would like to share our current planning efforts for the 2022 event.
COVID-19 has changed the way conference events can be planned. While our small corner of CA is currently in the COVID-19 low-transmission category, it is uncertain whether this will remain to be the case during Fall 2022. As a result, our plan for this year is to again center the conference around a virtual component. This ensures that all registered attendees will be able to participate, irrespective of their geographical location or health advisories in effect at the time of the conference.
In addition, the 2022 event will be complemented by a downscaled on-site component held at the Asilomar conference grounds, where on-site attendees will have the opportunity to present their work in a poster format.
What does this mean for your planning?
- All authors will be required to upload a video presentation of their work by mid-September 2022. Video presentations will be available to registered attendees during October 2022 on our virtual platform.
- The conference will take place from October 30th through November 2nd. During the morning hours (PST), a virtual component will take place on Gather.Town. Here, all of the authors and participants will interact in live poster sessions.
- To be eligible for publication, all papers will need to have a video recording uploaded by early September 2022, and at least one author of each paper must be registered and participate in their assigned live poster session on Gather.Town.
- In addition to the virtual event, our current plans are to offer a downscaled on-site component at the Asilomar Conference Grounds during the afternoons (PST). During this time, the on-site authors will present their posters a second time, this time to on-site attendees.
- Unfortunately, it is very likely that we will have to restrict the number of on-site participants. Thus, authors of accepted papers will be polled for their preferences with respect to on-site/virtual attendance during early Summer. Only a subset among those willing to participate on-site will be provided with the opportunity to do so. The details on the selection procedure will be announced in time.
What are the potential caveats to attending on site?
- The Asilomar Conference Grounds are a CA-State-owned facility and must adhere to all State constraints. We do not foresee the conference grounds to close its facilities at this time (as it did in 2020). However, there is always the slight chance it may do so should COVID-19 conditions worsen significantly in Fall 2022. Any interested participant should consider this issue when making travel arrangements.
- All on-site attendees will be required (i) to strictly adhere to COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place at the time of the event, and (ii) to sign a release form and waiver of claims. Masks could be required at all times in indoor settings.
- Attending the on-site event will NOT exempt the authors from the virtual participation requirement.